View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:49 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139  Next
 First Glasgow SimpliCITY network 

Post Re: First Glasgow SimpliCITY network
I honestly don't think First are up to the job of being one of the main operators for Glasgow anymore. There was a time where there were newer buses on the busiest routes. Nowadays it's such a sham. Buses really are dirty. The seat coverings on most routes are disgusting and haven't been changed ever by the looks of things. Buses should be refurbished after a certain length of time. Barely new decker stock comes to Glasgow yet 54 plate sexless are running around smelling. I sometimes wonder if Stagecoach took over from First whether we'd get a better service. We all go along with it because we think it's normal but it's not. First up and up their fares but give nothing back for it. The merge of Cally and Parkhead was a huge mistake. The depot is huge and they've lost control of it.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:25 pm

FirstBusGlasgow wrote:
I honestly don't think First are up to the job of being one of the main operators for Glasgow anymore. There was a time where there were newer buses on the busiest routes. Nowadays it's such a sham. Buses really are dirty. The seat coverings on most routes are disgusting and haven't been changed ever by the looks of things. Buses should be refurbished after a certain length of time. Barely new decker stock comes to Glasgow yet 54 plate sexless are running around smelling. I sometimes wonder if Stagecoach took over from First whether we'd get a better service. We all go along with it because we think it's normal but it's not. First up and up their fares but give nothing back for it. The merge of Cally and Parkhead was a huge mistake. The depot is huge and they've lost control of it.

I agree to a point but do not think Stagey would be any better. Short-term yes but in the end they would also just reduce and keep the high-profile routes.

Q: Would First not be better splitting several cross-city routes Ie 4, 6 and 38. I know this may have been talked about but clearly it should be seriously considered as GCC seem to be doing nothing about improving the current traffic issues in Glasgow.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:52 pm

GBALEP wrote:
FirstBusGlasgow wrote:

I agree to a point but do not think Stagey would be any better. Short-term yes but in the end they would also just reduce and keep the high-profile routes.

Q: Would First not be better splitting several cross-city routes Ie 4, 6 and 38. I know this may have been talked about but clearly it should be seriously considered as GCC seem to be doing nothing about improving the current traffic issues in Glasgow.

The 4 and 6 would not go down well . the 4 provides the Link between southside and Glasgow Uni .Im sure the 6 would run better split but its the constant lights and detour round ingram st that bunches the buses up . 38 seems to have more buses on it than the other 2 .
Problem with first is all them singles they have now , look at routes 2 and 3 !
If the Tridents were to retire , then new deckers would have to come in then the 54 plate geminis would replace the tridents . Look at Lothian with their gemini 3 , why Glasgow not got these ?
First Glasgow could be worse , we could have services all singles every 20 mins ha

'dae ye go tae the tap of the toon Central SMT?'.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Ex East Lothian Trident LN51NRJ (33093) now at Blantyre

Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:07 pm

That's a suprise.....wonder if they have bought it????

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:56 pm

tony1970 wrote:

That's a suprise.....wonder if they have bought it????

They don't buy buses from other First companies, they are transferred!

There will be an adjustment on book value though.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:14 pm

You just have to look at Stagecoach and what its down in big cities: Newcalste, Manchester, Sheffield. Always getting new buses etc. Not to worry your getting an ex Stagecoach man Andrew Jarvis to run the First Glasgow, Just look at Stagecoach East Scotland.... Maybe not.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Somethings got to give ! im hoping for the buses to be regulated in Glasgow

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:48 pm

Sadly we won't see buses been regulated.. First haven't a clue in Glasgow the place is the pits.. All cuts cuts cuts.. Gone are the days too when the busiest routes had to have the newest or best buses.. Now there's a lack of new buses so it no longer matters.. Caledonia is a joke buses get shunted, go into the bus wash but do not get cleaned or mopped. Instead a brush out and only when the bus gets a deep clean the floor is washed and that is every 6/7 weeks and not daily like it should be done.. However Scotstouns buses are not been cleaned properly either now and this may well be the same at the rest of the depots.. Blantyres buses were spotless but not been on one for a while to comment..
At Caledonia only the Airport buses get cleaned every night properly. These buses are immaculate inside but they don't want the Airport authority on there back and they would be if these buses got the same treatment as the rest ..

Also shutting Parkhead was a mistake.. That building was neglected for years. Had this been maintained it could still be opened.. For its size it was a big payer as it has several main routes the 2,41,60,61 which brought good money in. When First came into Glasgow in 1996/97 Parkhead got loads of new buses over the years. In 1999 it had the best fleet out and continued to see new buses late 2001 into 2002 and 70 odd B7RLEs in 2006.. Come 2008 the fleet went downhill fast and never got back to what it was..

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Got my wires crossed and thought that it was from Lothian Country Buses (Lothian), hence my suprise at it being at Caledonia...must learn to read the forum when i'm fully awake :-)

Tony

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:31 pm

tony1970 wrote:

Got my wires crossed and thought that it was from Lothian Country Buses (Lothian), hence my suprise at it being at Caledonia...must learn to read the forum when i'm fully awake :-)

Tony

Ex Lothian Trident would be luxury for First Glasgow.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:18 pm

When did the 08 plated B9's get reupholstered with blue and grey leather seats?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:17 pm

They have been that way for a couple of months now.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:13 pm

You'll probably find that the majority of the newer stock Gemini's might have the new upholstering, Looks quite good aswell, Be good to see it on some 54 plates & clean them up aswell, Mad to think the 54 plates are 12 & a half years old this year

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:29 am

GaryMcEwan wrote:
When did the 08 plated B9's get reupholstered with blue and grey leather seats?

I thought it was just one , nearly a year ago at least. Usually on 75 . Hate leather seats

Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:01 am

Just incase you wish to know: The accounts up to 31 March 2016 have appeared on Company house. For full details just put in First Glasgow and your get both:

* First Glasgow no1: £6million in profit
* First Glasgow No2: £4 million profit.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:28 pm

madman wrote:
First haven't a clue in Glasgow the place is the pits..

Is that why First Glasgow, made such BIG profits

peanutbutter wrote:
* First Glasgow no1: £6 million in profit

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:38 pm

WhiteVanMan wrote:
madman wrote:

peanutbutter wrote:

it is not big with the turnover of 1, it should be a lot more.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:41 pm

WhiteVanMan wrote:
madman wrote:

peanutbutter wrote:

Do you work in the place at all? As I mention the place is the pits I stand by that . Lost mileage at an all time high. Several members of the management either been forced to resign or are going this year. There's Caledonia Depot the place can't cope now. Drivers are sitting till mid morning as there are no buses for them due to the usual buses plagued by defects. Regarding profit any cowboy firm can still make good profits and treat staff like s***e and slash budgets left right and centre. First Glasgow are still to go infront of the commissioner too regarding the shabby service buses no showing and lost mileage.. Even the likes of half hourly services the 31,38E etc aren't even been covered if a bus is missing something they did years ago and things at night are worse..

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:10 pm

To make this clear to people on here:

Quote:
* First Glasgow no1:
Turn over £84,919,000
Operating costs: £78,880,000
£6 million in profit

volvodart is correct it should be making more, at least £10million profit. That alone with give a 10% return which I believe is still lower than the % First would like. And remember its the profits that help pay for new stock.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:38 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139  Next